Where is my home?

 I often get asked where am I from? and I never understand, does the person mean originally because of my accent or where do I live now?

Picture is the old logo of my blog


It was my dream to move to UK since I was a child. I am sure it was because of Spice Girls. Who wouldn't want the "Wanna Be" London Lifestyle, dressed as Geri Halliwell (when she wore the iconic union jack dress). I could see myself doing this :D


I was planning to become an au pair (live in nanny), but of course as I didn't get the Spice Girls lifestyle, I didn't get my nanny job either...

Long story short, I arrived to UK on 5th July 2010, 11.5 years ago. I was so scared of the unknown.. that's why I started my blog, to update my family, friends, to help others and also to look back where I started. 

I remember I got into uni (passed the entry requirement, a language exam, with a miracle) I didn't understand a word of the first few lectures. Anyway with hard work, many sacrifices I managed to get my BA degree and also later on working in the profession I love, Human Resources.

Almost everything is here now. Nolan, my partner, friends, my dogs, Nolan's dad, my job, my car etc However a small part of me remained in Hungary. I love the culture, the landscape, the language, the food and I am so proud that I am Hungarian.

So then where is my home? Here where I have everything except my Hungarian family and friends? or in Hungary where I lived for 20 years. Can I have two homes? 

Even if I don't feel as comfortable in one as I used to? 

Every time I visit my family in Hungary, I feel like an outsider. I have been living in UK for so long, everything here is the norm, and many things in Hungary are new to me. 

One of the other reasons I wanted to move to UK, because I knew I could only learn the language if I speak it every day. I speak English more often now than Hungarian and I have noticed that due to this, I forget more and more Hungarian words and I replace them with English. That's how the language Hunglish evolves.

Unsure if I cracked the code today or if I got to the resolution. Where is my home?